After the completion of CBSE class 10 board exams, the students will have almost two months of a leisure period before the declaration of result. This free time can be utilised by joining a short-term computer course which will add to your skill set and knowledge. Everyone knows that in the modern business world computers play a vital role. So having basic knowledge in computer applications will not only help to enhance your problem solving and critical thinking but also add to your aptitude which you may apply to a range of career options later in your life.
Some important short-term computer courses which students can join after the CBSE class 10 board exams are given below:
1. Certificate Course in Graphics Designing:
- This course is suitable for those who are passionate and creative.
- This course usually covers topics like image enhancing and editing, sketching, logo designing, UI designing, software program editing like Adobe Photoshop, print technology etc.
- The course generally lasts for 6 months. However, there are shorter courses too. For example: A 3-month duration certification course is also available.
2. Certificate Programme in MS Office:
- Microsoft Office is a set of applications. It comprises a set of applications which have a diverse utilisation in every field, be it of education or business.
- Some of the most prominent applications, which form the part of MS Office are: MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access and MS PowerPoint.
- The course duration is generally of 3 months.
- This certification course can open the doors to various jobs which involve comuter work like front end office
3. Certificate Course in Web Designing
- This course deals with creation and maintenance of websites, blogs and E-commerce sites.
- We are living in the age of internet, where everything is available at the pace of just one click. Therefore, more and more businesses are entering the world wide web in order to enhance their size and reach, which requires skilled web designers to create visually stunning and high performing websites.
- The web designing short term course includes the basics of web scripting and graphics and multimedia.
- It involves introduction to internet & web, HTML, DHTML, JAVA Script, Flash Photoshop, CMS, Hosting and Servers. Short term course will help you gain new skills and you may start taking up freelancing gigs after completing the course.
- This certificate course in web designing generally lasts for 3-6 months.
- After the completion of a short-term course one can work as a freelancer in the field. However, pursuing a long and detailed course will help to get jobs in good companies.
4. Certificate Course in Programming Language
- A computer programming language is a language used to write computer programs. To develop software, one must learn programming languages like Java, C++, PHP, SQL etc.
- A certificate course in programming language aims at teaching OOPs concepts, data types & operator, logical/looping, function and array, class and object, file handling operations, etc.
- The course duration is again of 3 to 6 months.
- A detailed version of this course can help to take up a software developer’s job in IT companies.
5. Certificate Course in SEO:
- The SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization which mainly deals with the techniques to boost the rank of a website and other web entities in the search engine results page. In order to enhance the reach of a website SEO professionals are hired.
- The course consists of e books, PDF files, Audio and video study material.
- A general SEO certification course lasts for 3-6 months.
- After completing a detailed course, one may take on lucrative jobs like SEO professional, Project Manager, SEO Consultant, Website Auditor.